1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Randomly dies

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chevyman51, Jan 5, 2010.

1. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

I have a 95 K1500 when i am driving down the road it just dies it starts right back up. it also does it while it is idling . I just changed the cap and button today and it still does it, i also had the battery check today and is fine. Any suggestions will help. :confused:
  2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Ignition module is going out.
  3. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

ok thanks i will check it out in the morning
  4. LEVE

LEVE Member

How many miles? It could easily be a fuel pump problem.
  5. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I am having the same problem with my 95 k2500.My mechanic has already changed the ignition module.
  6. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Thanks guys it has 165000 on it and i bought it used so i dont know if the pump has ever been replaced. i was thinkin it could be the pump but i was hoping it would be someting cheeper
  7. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Not the pump
  8. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

i got it fixed it was ignition module then the fule pump relay went out. Thanks for all the help guys i was gettin really pissed off at it
  9. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

Since you bought it used have you changed the fuel filter since you bought it.