1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck questions

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by PlowMan03, Nov 12, 2007.

1. PlowMan03

PlowMan03 Senior Member
    from Maine

I'm looking at a 2006 Chevy K2500 HD reg cab with the 6.0L, it also has a 8' Fisher Plow. Is there anything I should look for on a truck like this? I have looked at the body, that is like new, the bed on the other hand is all scratched up on the inside. It has almost 40k on the meter.
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Two biggest things I'd be lookin at is if it has the plow prep package (due to any warranty related issues down the road), and the rear brakes. They love to corrode and freeze up. Look at the backside of the rotors to see if they're "flaking" and coming apart. Very, Very common on the 2500HD/3500's
  4. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

The only problem I've had on my GMC thus far is both wiper transmissions took a crap. Due to poor design of the valance panel beneath the windshield. Too much ice builds up. Not sure how Chevy is deigned. Plow deflector solved that problem. Other than that, no brake, 4WD, chassis problems. The only thing you will have to do if not already done is raise the torsion bars in the front. Add Timbrens to the front and your good to go. Plow prep warranty is excellent.