1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Purchase Question

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by EGLC, Nov 15, 2008.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Would you guys buy a new personal truck now or wait until spring? I'm not going to plow with it and don't really need it right now, but I do want it. I have to work load so its not like I'm buying it on a dream......just not sure if I should wait or not.

2. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

I plan on buying soon. Prices are ridiculously cheap right now. Got a price of $30,998 for a 2008 Dodge 3500 quad cab diesel yesterday. I know it's a year old already but it still has no miles and full warranty. Pretty good if you ask me.

3. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

I would buy in april or may and get an 08 leftover. You should be able to get a sick deal on whatever you get. I would also wait till after winter because I am sure you really dont want to risk some bozo sliding into you during a snow storm becuase they have no clue how to drive......

4. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

There are tremendous buying opportunities right now for new vehicles. Whether or not the manufacturer you choose will still be in business in the spring is something to consider.

5. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

This would be a good question for your accountant, as far as tax purposes go...

6. plownoob

plownoob Senior Member
    from ny

yeah, dont forget good ole' section 179 payup

7. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

around here they are all but giving them away. might be the same in the spring but thats chancing it. Go out and pick yourself up a new one now so we can all see more pics!!!!

8. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

yep, got to wait until monday so I figured I'd ask you guys......doesnt hurt, right? lol

oh best price I've gotten so far was $34,500 on a 2008 2500 SLT with 600 miles (its a demo?).....i think i can do better??

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008
  9. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Oh yeah! You shouldn't be paying more than 30k for that now.

10. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Its pritty much the same truck your driving now ....might as well just keep the one you have if there is no deals

11. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Yah, no one here is really motivated to sell. They would rather let them sit then "loose money" as they claim. lol I think I'll offer $32k and see what he says. Its got every option but leather and is chromed up a bit too.

ehhh, this one is black, has more options, short bed and has 18k less miles. also my dad is wanting to take over payments on the 07' because you can't find any other 5.9Ls out there and he loves the color.

So if anyone knows of a dodge dealership with a LARAMIE package 2008 2500 diesel in BLACK for around $33k PLEASE PM me……...within reasonable distance.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008