1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck pulls to the right with plow on

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chev2500plow, Nov 17, 2008.

1. chev2500plow

chev2500plow Member

It'a a 94 gmc 2500 4x4 when the plow is off it's fine, but when it's on the truck wants to pull to the right. Does that mean i need new ball joints or just an alignment. Also does anybody know what the normal temp range on the trans is on this truck. any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
  2. erkoehler

erkoehler PlowSite Veteran

What way was the plow angled?

MAR4CARS Senior Member

Check ride height might have 1 torsion bar thats not correctly adjusted to match the other side.
  4. DSLL

DSLL Senior Member

Check your tire pressure also, might be that simple.
  5. Saltydawg

Saltydawg Junior Member

Tire pressure is first thing I would check as well.
  6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

Dang I got bat ot the punch!

Def check your tire pressure. With the extra weight of the plow the effects of a low tire are dramtically increased.
  7. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

Being a '94, it's probably time to go through the whole front end. Just about every flexy, squishy, or greasy part up there could be getting weak by now. I'm a big fan of overkill preventive maintenance on front suspension in general and steering in particular. I'm not saying to replace everything up there just for good measure, but put it up on a rack and give everything a good close inspection. Wheel bearings especially! put the weight on the lower control arm just behind the ball joint and see if you can rock the tire up & down by grabbing the top and bottom.
  8. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

swap the two front tires. see if that helps.
  9. chev2500plow

chev2500plow Member

The plow is angled to the left. I will try the quick fixes and see if that helps thanks for all of your input.
  10. sechracer

sechracer Senior Member

Ok, stupid question but I am going to ask it anyway....

Does it pull at all speeds?
    Did you try angling it to the right? Does it pull to the left then?
    Does it do it while braking/accellerating off the line?
    try driving with the blade straight? How does it do now?

Simple reason I ask is because since most roads are crowned for water runoff, the air movement will push the truck to the right with the blade angled to the left, then add the crown, and damn that feels like one hell of a pull.
  11. k&j Landscaping

k&j Landscaping Senior Member

Just put a 7.5 western poly pro on my 2500 hd and it started doing the same thing on way home from dealer. Took blade off and it was normal. Do drive with blade slightly angled left and high.
  12. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

Definetly try your blade angled other ways. My truck pulls whichever way the blade is angled the opposite of. Pulls to the right if the blade is left,etc. At certain speeds you can actually steer with the plow, its surprising the amount of input the plow has on how your truck drives.
  13. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

I was kind of hoping he tried the common sense stuff (angle the plow the other way, check the air in the tires etc.) and thought it might be tire pull.

who knows. :D