1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Problems

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by GMC HD, Nov 5, 2003.

1. GMC HD

GMC HD Junior Member
    from CT

Just pick up a 2001 gmc 2500 hd last thurs. Saturday it stalled out while in a tight turn,then it would not start. turned over but no start ,eventually it did start but only to stall again,when i pushed in the cig lighter. sun. morning after a quick trip across town .no start again. when it did start engine light came on. took it back to the dealer, they cleaned the throttle body some other stuff. brought it home ,went to leave no start, it's back at the dealer now but wtf?? and it starts for them..:realmad:

has anyone had a problem w/this model truck.. 8100 vortex
    any input would b appreciated....
  2. wyldman

wyldman Member

Could be just about anything causing it.Most common thing would be a fuel pump.A lot of them have been going bad lately,a lot due to fuel contamination,and then the customer pays out of pocket.
  3. GMC HD

GMC HD Junior Member
    from CT

dealer said cranksafrt sensor, we'll find out soon...:confused:
  4. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

sorry, i was asking if it was diesel, but re read your thread and see its a gas job.
  5. JSB86

JSB86 Junior Member
    from Texas

Are you having battery problems? Have you had a problem with your battery leaking acid? If so this might help.

I had the same problem (sometime stalls while driving, and or more commonly wouldn’t start) with my 99 model Chevy Tahoe. Also a few friends of mine had the same problem with their Trucks and Suburbans.
    I thought it was my fuel filter/fuel pump by the symptoms, so I had them replaced. About a month after being replaced the truck still had the same problem. The truck would turn over and would try to start but would never engage. If I let the truck sit anywhere from 30 minutes to 2 hours the truck would start and might not have a problem with it for a few days to a couple of weeks.
    Talked to a few people and one friend told me to replace the positive side battery connection bolt (the part that screws into the battery). He said the problem is with the lead washer that Chevy puts on one of the two positive connections. (I think Chevy now has gone to a single connection). What happens is that the more you tighten the positive connection the more the lead washer compresses, and eventually the bolt punctures the battery. I didn’t have a battery leaking acid and the connections felt tight but every time I touched the positive connection the truck would then start. So I took the advice that was given to me. I removed the lead washer and bought a battery bolt extender for $3.99 skeptical if it would solve my problem. It has been two months since the replacement of the bolt and no problems.

I hope this can help.:nod: