1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck problem

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by A&M Snowplowing, Jan 13, 2007.

1. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

on my 2002 chevy 2500HD the low beams dont work anymore both plow light and the lights on the truck. any other ideas besides bulbs or fuses.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have high beam's on the truck and/or plow? Are you running the night sabre style light's? You said you checked the fuse's but did you check the headlight relay in the under hood fuse panel?
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  3. A&M Snowplowing

A&M Snowplowing Senior Member

yes high beams on the truck work and the headlight realy is good. The plow lights are the night sabers and they are just over a year old as well. It did this last night then was good this morning and now came back. so it cant be the bulbs. idk this one doesnt make any sense.
  4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I dont know if this may help, but my 94 GMC had sorta the same problem. It turned out to be the headlight switch in the truck was bad. Or you should check the change over module for the lights. Mine are located behind the headlights in my Chevy. Pull them out and see if any of the surface is melted or it smells like it cooked, kinda like when a wire fries. I see you are in North Royalton, that is not too far from me. If you cant get it figured out, maybe we could hook up and I could help you go through it. Just pm me if I can help
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Since you have no low's on the truck or the plow I'd say you have a problem on the truck itself.But just to double check, disconnect the headlight adapter's for the plow harness and plug the stock headlight harness back into the headlight's but before you plug the last low beam headlight connector into the headlight,turn the low beam's on and using a test light check the yellow wire on the low beam headlight plug for ground.(connect the test light clip to the pos. post on the battery) Lemme know what you find.
  6. I had same thing with my '02 HD this year.

No low beams truck or plow BUT the truck low beams did work when I dissconnected the two big unimount electrical connections to take off plow...

Mine ended up being a bad relay...