1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck & Plow Undercarriage Totaled

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by MJLsLawnCareNmo, Aug 16, 2009.

1. MJLsLawnCareNmo

MJLsLawnCareNmo Senior Member

I need some help asap. I just had my truck (2005 Dodge Ram 3500 SLT Quad Cab DRW 4x4 Long Bed Diesel) totaled in a head on collision a week ago :cry: . I need to have prices for the isurance company on monday for the plow undercarriage and wiring harness for a Boss RT3 Power-V Blade SmartHitch 2 8'2" (hardware and everything) that was also totaled in the wreck. So if anyone could help that would make things a little easier in an already hectic situation. Thanks!
  2. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Sorry for you loss, and hope you walked away without significant injury. Just call your local Boss dealer to fax your insurer a written quote.
  3. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Here are some MSRP pricing and BOSS part#'s:

LTA04770B Undercarriage for Dodge 3/4 & 1 ton 2003&up MSRP $560.00
    MSC15100 V-Blade Control Kit RT3 with SmartTouch $485.00

No Headlight adapters are required for the '05 Dodge, however they are necessary for the newer Dodge Trucks and have an MSRP of $47.20

Our local BOSS dealer charges $550 for a Dodge Install.

Hope this helps, and sorry to hear about the accident!

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hope you are okay. Do you have any pics of the truck? Hope you get everything figured out.
  5. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

sucks, sounds like a nice truck

your around a grand for those parts no matter what truck, since your gonna have to pay sales tax again etc. Make sure all harnesses are included as well and the install weather you did your own or not.
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Have the whole plow declared destroyed. If your put a new undercarriage on it they won't match. Your plow is mated to that push bar. It would plow right after you have it put on with the old plow.