1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck plow prep

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by DBuilders, Nov 3, 2005.

1. DBuilders

DBuilders Junior Member
    from Mass.

We have a 1995 Dodge 2500 diesel. We are going to put an 8' Fisher plow on it. How do we know if it has a "plow prep" package on it. We bought it used a few years ago, so do not know what the dealer installed on it. We know the truck has never been used for plowing, only for towing a camper. Also what is actually included in a "plow prep package". I see it mentioned in new truck ads all the time.

2. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

i think on the older dodges if you look under the hood there is a options list sticker[gears,anti spin etc]
  3. djlouieboom

djlouieboom Junior Member

It Should Come With And Oil Cooler And Possible Transmission Cooler My 95 Gmc Had An Oil Cooler Already Installed And I Put The Trans Cooler In Also Added A Second Battery
  4. danno

danno Senior Member

On my 96 ram 1500, the plow prep is HD springs, HD alternator with warning light.