1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck pictures

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Nozzleman, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

O.K. I have been trying for hours to post a few pictures of my truck. I have never done this before so I hope it works.

blue dodge snow picture 006.jpg
  2. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Heres another.

blue dodge snow picture 005.jpg
  3. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

This is the last one.

blue dodge snow picture.jpg
  4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

nice looking truck.
  5. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

I will try to get some better photo's later. As I stated I never scanned and posted pictures before so I did not know they had to be a certain size for the website so I had to crop the pictures alot. It's to bad because I had some others but they were no good after being cropped. If you guy's have any photo tip's please let me know.
  6. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Thanks Nozzleman!! Nice looking truck/plow!
  7. dillyolboy

dillyolboy Member

Looks good. How quiet is that new Cummins?
  8. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

Very nice set-up. Can I ask how much the truck cost?
  9. hoagie

hoagie Member

Very nice lookin truck.... now get some ballast in the back of that puppy!
  10. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Thanks for the compliments gentlemen.

Lawnkid, the truck stickered for $39,995 and I paid around $36,900. Also it's for sale.

Dillyolboy, It's much quieter in comparison to the older ones but it doesen't sound wimpy either.

Hoagie, the new truck will have 700 pounds of E-Z dumper balast.

As much as I love this truck it is being replaced by another '03 Ram 2500 with a regular cab. The new truck will be a high output Cummins backed by the new 48RE automatic. The truck is silver with the trailer tow, snowplow prep, and some other creature comforts. I will be transferring that plow over, having the bed Line-X'd, and installing a E-Z dumper insert The new rig was ordered on 1/27 and I called today to check on it's status and it was shipped on 2/11 which means I should see it in a couple weeks.

Lawnkid, I paid $300 over invoice for the new truck.
  11. fordman

fordman Senior Member

Nice looking truck.

I can't wait to see pics of your new one should be an awsome truck. How much did you pay for the E-Z dumper? I'm looking at getting one and was wondering what they retail for.
  12. John DiMartino

Nozzleman,your going to love the HO/auto.I just seen the guts of them,they are substantially improved.This trans,IMo has been beefed to the point where I think it is just as strong,if not stronger than the competition.All the things I have doing(DTT mods) to them for yrs now,have been incorporated into the new one,and in addition it has had many hard parts beefed up that werent even weak.The 47RE's could hold 1000 ft lbs (RWtorque)pretty reliably after the DTT mods,(mine is holding about 1200 ft lbss at the trans) )these will have even higher limits.If you like seroius power,Edge products already has a box for the 03,heres the dyno chart.Ive heard the 48RE will hold the power with no mods at all. http://www.edgeproductsinc.com/ezho03-chart.html
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2003
  13. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Fordman, the E-Z dumper is about $2,000 installed and that includes the optional headboard/cab protector and roll tarp.

John, I have been reading about the Edge boxes over on the TDR. I can't wait to see the power difference between the SO and the HO alone never mind with an Edge E/Z box. However that does not mean I won't be "bombing" her I just have to give the wife and the bank account some time to recuperate first.

I do hope the 48RE is everything I have read about. The Dodge boy's did a hell of a job designing these new trucks and hopefully this new transmission will be the icing on the cake.
  14. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

John, I just went to the Edge link you posted and damn those are some impressive numbers.
  15. John DiMartino

Nozzleman- that truck is going to fly with an Edge box,there's a lot more on the way! I wont have my new one 100 miles,and the trans will be out of it,and the motor will be at 500Hp:D :cool: .Post when you get the new one ,you wont believe the difference in power. If my wife only knew the 1/2 of what was in my truck:rolleyes: .;)
  16. Dockboy

Dockboy Guest

Alright Guy's,

Put it back in your pants!!:D

I know John is drooling;) Hey, did you get my message?

NICE Truck Nozzleman!(even if it is a Dodge:eek: )

17. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Nice set up.
  18. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Nice dude where in Rhody are you located???

19. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

So you like the Cummins huh? My old man helps make 'em. He does maintenance in the testing area of the one and only plant where they make them here in Columbus, IN. If you ever get down this way I could probably set you up with a plant tour :eek: :waving: :drinkup:
  20. Nozzleman

Nozzleman Senior Member

Snowplowjay- I am located in Barrington which is 10 minutes outside Providence.

Bushhogboy- I may take you up on that offer if I ever get out that way. I would love to tour the Cummins plant