1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by kefala, Oct 9, 2009.

1. kefala

kefala Member

Hey Guys,

I finally got my truck done. Was working on the wiring until 2:00am last nite. But well worth it. Can't wait for the snow. I got a used Western V, did a little work on it to hopefully get a few years out of it, but the wiring is all brand new as is the mounting bracket, so at the point when I do change it the blade will be the only thing I have to change. I got LED strobes an mounted in the headlight and and reverse light housings. I still want to get a salter but can't decide what to get, maybe someone can weigh in with some thoughts. I also have to get new flags. Hope you guys like the pics. I took a video too with the strobes going, I'll try and post on youtube.

Hopefully I attached the pics correctly.

2. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

Nice truck,,,awesome shop yours?
  3. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

If you need new markers I'd suggest getting some that are just plastic or metal. I find the flags to be quite annoying going down the road.
  4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Looks like the mount needs to be lowered a bit.The outer edges of the blade aren't touching the ground.
  5. kefala

kefala Member

Thx. I wish. It's one of my best friends.

I was thinking of just getting the plastic markers, depends how much the western markers with flags are.
  6. kefala

kefala Member

I was wondering about that myself today. I saw it late last night but it was far too late to do anything about it. The issue I am having is that I have to use the conversion kit from unimount to ultramount. with the conversion kit, it sits so close to the ground that I was a little concerned about safety. So I raised it to the max, but now I may have to lower a little.
  7. PPS. inc

PPS. inc Member
    from Earth

I have heard about this as I was researching plows. I heard it eats up alot of ground clearance. can u get a picture of the conversion bracket? Thanks
  8. kefala

kefala Member

I will take a pic in the morning in daylight. When I mounted according to install instructions, the plow ended up having a clearance of about 2 inches.
  9. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, thats a nice lookin truck too.
  10. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

As mark said, I wouldnt get the flags again. Get the steel ones that are painted red, Ive heard alot about the plastic ones cracking when it gets really cond and when you hit that curb or the plow trips they snap right off.
  11. kefala

kefala Member

bracket pics

Took some pics of the bracket this morning.