1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Paint Idea

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by jadyejr, Oct 28, 2009.

1. jadyejr

jadyejr Senior Member
    from NC

Hey guys, I am working on our company image as far as trucks go, I was looking at getting my truck painted first as a guinea pig, and going from there.... I have a 2000 F250 supercab, I would like to get it painted black, and do a black yellow and green theme for our landscaping trucks, To be honest want my truck to look like the one i've attached, I PS'd our new landscaping logo in, and was thinking to put our phone number across the bottom of the cab in big yellow letters.... My trucks old already so, its due for a good paint job, but I'm just scared that its gonna look weird, like door jams and stuff, have any of you guys had stuff like this done? Looking back is it worth it? I really want all of our landscaping trucks to look nice and uniform, I like the no chrome look....

new truck idea.jpg

2. Eric78Fordzilla

Eric78Fordzilla Junior Member

IH red only way to go no fing a good body shop that you TRUST!!! you should be fine the only yhing to whorry about is if the interior will match i had a truck painted by a shop that i new from the small town thing looked great

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What kindergarten did you flunk out of. Get someone to show you the spell check button. Better yet go drive your snowsled into a freezing lake and stop using valuable earth resources need by superior species like maggots.

4. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

A black truck looks great when super clean. It's impossible to keep dark colored trucks clean though, especially in this business. I have two dark blue trucks, and it's miserable. I would look at white or a silver, both super easy to keep clean and still look sharp lettered up.

As for painting a truck a different color, I would at least paint the door jams, especially if you change the color drastically. It would look foolish otherwise.

Basher - lmao!! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

5. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

OP, looks very nice.

Hey, cut it out, you beat me here too.

Maybe he needs English as a second language class, because it sure isn't his first.

6. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

To the OP...Like MSS Mow said, make sure you paint the jambs too. I don't know what color your truck is currently, but if you don't paint the jambs, than it will look ridiculous! Also, make sure you do the underside of the hood, and inside of the fenders, for when you have the hood up. As far as the engine compartment goes, if you don't want to do it right and pull the motor and everything else out, than you can half-a$$ it and rattle can that area, going with black, is the only color you could get away with that and look halfway decent.

There is nothing that looks as sharp as a clean black truck, but I gave up on black many years ago after I got tired of trying to keep it looking good. :dizzy:

:laughing::laughing:

7. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

LOL:laughing::laughing:

8. Just went through the same thing myself.
    I wanted something bold and visible from a long distance.

Here's what mine are going to look like.

Great time to get it done here, All the sign shops are looking for work. At $450 Each , It's a lot less expensive than repainting.

Truck Graphics are a great bang for your buck for brand awareness IMO

Truck Graphics smallest.jpg

Last edited: Oct 30, 2009
  9. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

I think it would look awesome, don't worry about the door jambs, it won't be that big of a deal. You're most likely the only one that will think anything of it.

10. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Don't bother if this is your truck as in your own personal vehicle, get some magnetic signs while your working and take them off when the day is done. Its a nice looking truck you have there why ruin it.

11. asps4u

asps4u Senior Member

The OP said he wants his truck to look like the one he attached. Haven't seen his yet...:confused: he should post pics of his for comparison. :nod:

12. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

Mil, is that you? :confused:

:D

13. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Fail on myself. I ass-u-med that was his.

14. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

If you don't paint the ENTIRE truck, good luck trying to sell it. Ever. With a major color change I think it is a MUST to do the job right.

15. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Yeesh! :laughing: