1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck organizations

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PTTP08, Feb 24, 2013.

1. PTTP08

PTTP08 Senior Member
    from mn

since the biz is getting larger I am now running the biz via truck. Running around touching things up , getting job reprts signed, checking drivers in or out, phone blowing up you know the drill. My question is this is there excessories for this kinda of thing like squad cars have? With out spending a small fortune for this kinda of thing. What are you guys doing for this kinda of things? Just a clip board? Thanks for the info. Not sure if this fits this forum but its the only place that seemed to fit.

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

a laptop or ipad mount would be nice to do invoices and whatever and maybe you could get one of those credit card things for accepting credit cards through your phone

3. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

a good memory and some scratch paper here

4. Nutz4Plowing

Nutz4Plowing Member

I use an IPhone. Input data before leaving each site and can scan, email, call in, run credit cards, all without leaving the truck. It helps to use clipoard with a plow log on a clip board containing all pertenant information for your records. Temps, conditions, material uses, all at your fingertips.

Most of the invoicing is done at home on the 15th and 30th of each month. I dont really do residentials only have a few, but if I did more I would get all of the customers I could on email for accounts and use quickbooks to send out invoices automatically generated each cycle.

Ipad and printer would be nice for the truck but isnt really necessary. Things can get messy if you have to go out for loading salt and shoveling, so I personally would not want to try and do that on the route.

Card reader for the phone and a few one time plowing contracts that I have them sign along with payment before services are delivered help for those that flag you down as new customers and sometimes lead to new clients. That kind of stuff makes you look more professional and also ensures you dont run into problems on the legal side of things.

What really helps is having a shoveler with you thta can fill out paperwork and call in services while you are driving to the next site.

Thats all I got for you and look forward to any other great advice or techniques that can be found on Plowsite.