1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck or tractor

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by weaver, Sep 12, 2015.

1. weaver

weaver Junior Member

We have a 2 cat it 14 loaders one with a blower n one with a kage and 4 cat skids 2 247 and 1 216 salt loader n 1 new 248 and a couple of f 250 with boss dxt this year I have been looking into something different and wanted to ask what people's thoughts were I have been looking at a zetor 80 hp brand new with blower n a hla 9 to 15 or just a 10 ft pusher what are ur thouhgts should I just get another truck this will be traveling 10km between the 2 spots that it plowing

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I'll be the 1st one to say that my typing isn't the greatest, but try using ,(comma). (period) sometimes.

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

I can't even finish that without getting a headache. There's way to many numbers going on in there

4. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Why a zetor tractor? Check out a JCB Fastrack if your going to be traveling that far on the road. They go about 40mph and have full suspension.

5. weaver

weaver Junior Member

There cheep with a front mount blower and a 10 foot straight pusher its 62k

6. LapeerLandscape

Cheep equipment isn't good, good equipment isn't cheep.

7. Defcon 5

Defcon 5 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm with Mr. Lapeer...Cheep-Cheap is not the best avenue to always go

8. weaver

weaver Junior Member

It's not just that there cheep they have very minimal electronics. All the linkage isent electronic and they have been around for years

9. LapeerLandscape

Well if you really need the blower then get the tractor but only you can tell what your needs are. Also what might get used more in the off season might help make the difference.

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

10km Isn't that far to travel between 2 sites.
    Depending on the type of plowing you're doing will dictate if you need a 9-15 over the pusher. If you can't windrow across the lot they I would get a quality pusher. I have a 10-16 on my loader and I have a hard time getting the operator to windrow, he loves just leaving it in scoop.

11. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

A JCB Fastrac is stupid priced, I can't make the numbers work for snow with one and I'd have work for it year round. Most tractors go 40km/hour now so 10km is 15 min so I'd say that's not very far. I probably wouldn't buy a Zetor but I havn't really heard very much bad about them. Make sure you have a a good dealer that's going to be in business for a while. Zetor parts might take longer to get then the bigger names.

12. LapeerLandscape

The JCB is stupid priced but wouldnt it be fun. 15 minutes isnt bad to travel in the tractor, it would take you 7-10 in your p/u. I didnt even know they still made Zetor, werent they made in Russia.