1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck or Tractor

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Yoohoo42, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Yoohoo42

Yoohoo42 Junior Member

I have a 9' fisher blade that is currently on one of my farm tractors. The tractor will push all the snow I want, but it also has a loader and the current set up means I have to attach the plow under the loader and then take the plow off anytime I need to use the loader. It also has no cad and sitting in the open when the wind is blowing and plowing my large driveway is no fun. So my thought is to buy the mounts to attach it my 2000 F250 V10 crew cab. I would then plow my drive and a few others here and there, but it would be mostly for personal use. My question is will this be worth it, or should I just keep using it on the tractor? The blade is in awsome shape. Cyliders are good and very strong and it has fairly new hoses. My other reason for wanting to do this is a bit more for convencie. My wife works a few hours later than me and we have 2 young boys I pick up on my way home from work. I can get up the drive with my truck no problem, but she has to park her subaru at the end of the drive and then walk up my tracks leaving her car int he road so that I can get the tractor and plow then pull her car in. Obviusly if I had the plow on the truck I could just plow with the boys safe in the truck when we get home and she could just pull in. Sounds dumb, but we all have families and Im sure most of us have been there. So after all that would it be worth it? Also is a 9' plow alot for my truck to handle?
  2. RTEnt

RTEnt Member

Putting the plow on the truck is the way to go. If you can gab a little work from the neighbors just to cover the cost of the truck mounts at least your out of the elements. That truck sould handle the plow just fine as it is, but a little boost in the front end wouldn't hurt.
  3. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

Truck needs nothing up front, you have leaf springs. I wouldn't be driving all around with the blade on but it will be fine. It sounds like you a older convential style plow. In that case there might not be a mount for that blade to your truck.
  4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a 9 foot western on my 99 2500, and it handles it just fine. I would go with the truck if I were you. Sitting on an open tractor, you might as well just have a blower, it's still that cold.
  5. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

Might want to check out the adaptor type on this tractor as it allows you to just unhook from the tractor and then you can pull right into your plow with the 250 after you get it set up with some push plates and controls???? The adaptor goes right onto the loader arms. This way the plow is available both ways and really makes it sweet.