1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck options?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snowlovr, Mar 10, 2013.

1. snowlovr

snowlovr Junior Member

I would love to get the opinion on what is best used out there. I am looking for a different truck that will hold 4 passengers comfortably, short bed, 3/4 ton gas engine and an automatic transmission. Am planning on putting a V-plow boss on it. I have a dodge deisel 3/4 auto now and want to go back to gas. It has a 8-2 v-plow boss now and love the plow. Am planning on selling that and starting with something different and that holds more people.
    Thanks for the input

2. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

Get a crew cab short box dodge 2500 5.7 hemi.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Ford F250 with the Boss V plow!

4. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

If you really want gas go with a mega cab with a hemi.. Or an F250 crew either truck is capable. Chevy has the smallest crew cab FYI but the softest ride and most responsive steering.

5. beanz27

beanz27 Senior Member

6.2 has more power i believe. 5.7 is a good motor also. Basically comes down to brand preference.

6. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

a 1990 to 1995 Toyota Camry can hold the most "workers" ive seen up to 9 with a few in the trunk
    jk id go with a ford good leg room and you sit up nice and high

7. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

If you want a gasser, then a Chevy 2500HD with a 6.0 V8 will push your BOSS V great!

8. dieselboy01

dieselboy01 Senior Member

I'm with Grandview, F-250 crew cab short box with the V10, or if your looking at a new truck I have heard good things about the new Ford 6.2 gasser.

9. OC&D

OC&D PlowSite Veteran
    from Earth

I love my 2012 6.2! More than enough power to do what I need to do......plowing is nothing for it.