1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Options List, Opinions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ALEX516, Dec 2, 2003.

1. ALEX516

ALEX516 Senior Member

Got my new truck, used actually but new for me, 1995 ram 2500 4X4, 8' BED, AUTO cummins, 46,xxx miles one owner before me.

Here are a few options listed in the vin print and I just wanted to know everyone's opinion on the list and if there are any things I should be careful or aware of, etc,etc... SUCH AS un-usual options ordered, etc..

Also, would like some clarification on exactly what they include (parts,etc..)

ADJS HEAVY DUTY SERVICE PACKAGE

AHC TRAILER TOW PREP PACKAGE

AHD SNOW PLOW PREP PKG. H-D

AHDS HEAVY DUTY INSULATION PACKAGE

BANS 50/120 AMP ALTERNATOR

BKBS rear brake 13X2.5

DGB STD DUTY 4SPD AUTO TRANS

DGYS 4SPD AUTO TRANS 47RH

DHAS CC TORQUE CONVERTOR

DHGP TRANSFER CASE 241 - HEAVY DUTY

DJFS 4850# FRONT AXLE (DANA 60F)

DMF 4.0/ 4.1 AXLE RATIO

DRES REAR AXLE-SPICER 70

DSA LIMITED SLIP DIFF.

NHBP HVY DTY/ AUX TRANS OIL COOLER

NHKS ENGINE BLOCK HEATER

NMCP MAX ENGINE COOLING

SFBS HVY DTY SHOCKS/ STRUTS FRONT

SGBS HVY DTY SHOCKS REAR

SHAS SWAY BAR- FRONT

Also I've had installed a set of heavy duty timbrens in the rear of the vehicle. I was under the impression that they replaced something under the bed, such as factory stops, but these are bolted to the axle I believe with large u bolts, etc.. and a metal thing. Is this a normal setup or???

I currently have a fisher 8' with snow foil on the front and just picked up a fisher spreader with in cab controls and the tecumseh (spelling) gasoline engine.

Any opinions on max load, ability of this vehicle, etc???

Sorry for the long post but since there is such a wealth of information out there, I wanted to be specific with the options list.

Thanks very much for taking the time to read this post.