1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Opinion

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by farmerkev, Feb 24, 2008.

1. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

2. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Anybody? I will be in the area tomorrow, and hope to look at it. I wont be back on the site tommorow till after I see it. Anything I should be looking for on it?

3. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Well I owned an F150 so I'll try and help you out. There are a few things. 1. It's a manual truck, just something to think about if your planning on using it plowing. 2. It's got a lot of miles on it.

I just sold my 95 Ford F-150 fully loaded in mint condition (needed a bit of front end work, ball joints and such) for $3800, it had 4 wheel drive and it was automatic with only 123,000 miles on it. Now, comparing those 2 trucks, I think that you can find a little better deal on an F-150 for $2-3k. I don't think that truck is worth what they are asking I'd say that is worth less than 1K. I'm not trying to bash you, but I really think you can find something way better, and I'd really to see you get ripped off. I do think you still could go look at it and check it out, just don't make a decision the first time. How much do you have to spend? I'll do some looking around for you.

4. Brant'sLawnCare

5. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Thanks, Ill be doing no plowing with this truck. I dont want to spent more than $2000, but want to look closer to $1500, I know I could talk them down some because of the miles, but from the pic, I can see no rust where it seems to be common on the F-150's. I want to look at it, Ill take some pics, post them tommorow (If I can go look at it). I love the way this truck looks, but does it run as good as I would like? I hope to find out tomorrow.

6. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Thats a really good price my friend bought his 89 F150 for $2000 and it had some rust and miles on it

7. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

I saw the truck, and it was in real good condition on the outside and the engine LOOKED like it had no problems. This was by far the cleanset F-150 I have seen in my price range. I want to get a good mechanics opinion on it first. But lady at the lot said that her son has drove it and it is a great runner for the money. I asked about the 4x4 and she said no problems, but it may need a u joint down the road. I mentioned the high miled, but she said nothing other than yes they are kinda high. But it seems to have been kept up well, and it still has the Mossy Oak seat and steering wheel covers.

8. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

It looks real clean. The 302 is a great motor and will run for a long time. If it runs well I would go for it.

9. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Like I say, this is the cleanest thing Ive looked at yet, I want good opionion from omebody who can look at it, and won buy it unless I can talk them down because of the mileage.

If you are interested, here is the Lawnsite response, but hey they spend more time on laenmowers anyways.:nod: Well, I am a member and I like the site, just kidding.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=217519

10. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

the 302 is an awesome motor a little off topic but my buddy is in the process of boring his 302 out and stroking it to like 347 i believe should be above 400 HP when done :yow!: i cant wait. :D

11. Brant'sLawnCare

Did you decide if your gonna buy it yet? Since your not going to be plowing with it, it would probably be alright of a truck. I still think the price is kinda high, but let me know what you decide to do. Good luck to you.

12. PLOWIN DOUGH

PLOWIN DOUGH Member

Seems like a deal to me.

13. farmerkev

farmerkev Senior Member

Nope, not getting it.:cry: