1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Not running right

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by nate456789, Nov 29, 2010.

1. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

My K2500 with 5.7 is still not running right.
    It is running on fast idle all the time now.

It has been acting funny ever since last year I had a new Y pipe made and installed along with new Exhaust manifolds. I don't see an O2 sensor on this truck. I Know it should have one.
    On my 94 it is at the collector. I don't even see any cut wires that could have had an O2 sensor on it.
    I have a feeling this could be part of the problem of why this truck has been giving problems last season and now again this . I only drive it when plowing. It sits the rest of the year.

My question is where are the O2 sensors suppose to be and could I also have a faulty temp sensor making this thing stay on fast idle.
    Thanks

2. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

what year is it?

3. nate456789

nate456789 Senior Member
    from Indiana

1995 5.7 TBI. All stock. No Mods

4. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

im not sure cause mine is a 97 vortec.. but i would assume that there will be 2 coming down before ( one on each side) the catalytic converter and one after the converter

5. outlaw66

outlaw66 Junior Member

if i remember correct, there is only one, the 96's had 3 with the vortec sstyle fuel injection. if it is a higher miliage truck, the shaft in the throttle body can get play in and let air past butterflys and the engine will give more fuel to compensate thus making a higher idle. tbi tucks dont have a high idle like a carburated truck.

more info onwhat else has been done, other issues could help to give you ideas