1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck mounted snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ry_rock, Jul 21, 2011.

1. ry_rock

ry_rock Senior Member

Hi All,

I would like to know if anyone has any experience with a truck mounted snowblower..like a hanson?? Can you drive around town with it mounted to the truck, or is it just intended for farm driveways etc?
    Any input on these units by people that have used them would be appreciated.

I am looking to get a truck mounted blower or possibly a trackless municpal type blower.

Thanks in advance!

2. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

I would never get one. Just my opinion! If you think you get enough snow to make it beneficial for you then go for it! But you dont see too many of them here.....maybe that means something. Also i think a plow is faster.
    Last but not least with a snowblower the worst thing about it is when we get those Wet snow storms where the snow is heavy and wet. You wouldnt even be able to plow with it. I see it as year cool in the middle of winter to push back snow banks but other than that Buzz kill!

3. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

Trackless blower is PTO driven, so unless you have truck with a front PTO like a Unimog, It won't work for you.

Bill

4. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I think your much better off going with a 70-100hp tractor and a PTO blower.

5. viper881

viper881 Senior Member

I think you would need your engine reved up for the blower to work on the truck