1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck mounted snowblower help?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kirby ent, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Kirby ent

Kirby ent Member

Can someone give me insight?
    I need to put a snowblower on a truck,we have no where to plow the snow in our residential settings.
    I have no expierence with Hanson blower but a 27 HP on a tractor would never do it.
    I have been working with a Hydro shop and snowblower company for weeks now trying to figure out the power plant for the bed of the truck to run the blower. Cans omeone tell me what kind of problems I might have with this setup?
    I think I'm going with a Kubota V3300-E @ 2600 RPM which will give the pump 64 HP @ 2300 . This should give the pump 30 GPM at 3000 psi.
    The skidsteer guys told me this is the flow I need!

Thanks Mike

2. snoking

snoking Senior Member

I have one....200hp engine in back bed which runs a hrdro pump. loftness blower on front with hydro motor on splined shaff...its sweet blowes snow over 100 feet long...maybe40-50 ft up....

3. lumps

lumps Senior Member

some standard diesel pickups (like f-350s+) have a PTO option if i remember right. would that be enough to push a blower, or are they more for just dump bodies and such?

4. mr hydroseed

mr hydroseed Member

got any pictures of that snowblower on your truck?

i've been dreaming of having a truck with a snowblower on it, details!!! pictures???

5. snoking

snoking Senior Member

no,...they only push 8-15gpm.....im using 550gpm....