1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck mounted snow blower

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Rich Hunter, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Anybody ever used one of these or know of a good company that makes them? I am getting tired of trying to push 3ft or more of snow on top of this mountain I live on.Thought I would try to find a 8ft snow blower that would attach to my current plow mount any advice would be welcome! Thanks
  2. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

I just did a quick search in Goggle with "truck mounted snow blower" Here is what I came up with.

I briefly looked it over. This one mounts to your plow mounts. They even give a price of $6,900.00 + other options.

I have often thought that a snow blower would be great to have on the front of a truck. There are times when windrowing 4" or more of snow becomes too much to handle. Being able to throw it out of the way and never touch it again would be great. Not sure how to bill it out commercially or if the need would be great enough to purchase it.

Sounds like your case it might be the answer. The benifit is getting it out of the way and never having to move that snow again. The down side is travel speed.
  3. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

you have to drive extremely slow because they are underpowered. And, you have another engine to worry about on top of your vehicles AND your blower lift system. They are pretty expensive too....do a search on here, there were one or two long threads about them a couple weeks ago
  4. Yup tryed googling it last night and came up with the hansen site I emailed them for some info. Looks like it might work.The whole idea of throwing it away sounds good I have 6ft banks on the sides of all my jobs and huge piles in areas that I usally dont put the snow but had no choice. I would probally bill it out at 75 an hr like the snow plowing I think that would be fair if it does a good job of getting rid of the snow.It snowed again last night only 3 in or so and its very cold -13 got all the wood burners going just to keep the chill off. Heck the mutt dont even want to go outside! Thats all for now hope it snows for you fellers that need it.Is it true the flowers are growing in wash dc UNFREAKINGBELIVABLE!!!
  5. Winter Land Man

Winter Land Man Senior Member

Photos? Please show me the photos!
  6. YardMedic

YardMedic PlowSite.com Addict

Hanson photo

7. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

I think thats a huge waste of money.....ill stick with my PLOW!!:salute:
  8. YardMedic

I spoke with a firefighter about 5 years ago who did this to his truck. He said it was quite pricy (buying the blower setup AND the whole Fisher setup for a mount), but it blew snow a great distance. He agreed that it was much slower than plowing but did a cleaner job. He wouldn't do it again, but it was a conversation piece!
  9. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

$7000 for the blower and $1000 for a mount...EXPENSIVE conversation piece! payup
  10. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

$7000 is that true?

You could buy a Sicard or an old airport blower for less than that....
  11. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Yes $7,000 for that snow blower:dizzy: :dizzy:
  12. Oshkosh

I sold this one.....

This one went for $5,000 turn key...

13. Oshkosh

And this one....

This one sold for $6,500......Hard to justify $7,000 for a toy.....He could almost buy a second hand skid steer and a used hydraulic blower for that kind of money....

from backup disc 1904.jpg
  14. YardMedic

More money than brains, NJ! Agreed with everyone here -- bigger bang for the buck getting something else with the same kind of money. Oh well!

15. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

Looks really under powered.Truck has to go so slow to keep from bogging down. I saw one a few years ago that had a 3cyl. diesel in the bed of the truck with hydro lines going to the blower. That one had tons of power. Still way to expensive though.
  16. I think I am going to look into it a little more. I like the set up that oshkosh posted. Appears like its true for what it would cost new I could get a whole piece of eguipment HMMNNNN!
  17. More money than brains MY ASS!!!!!!!!!!! Just trying to find the right piece of eguipment for the job!!!!! GIMME A BREAK YA FRIGGEN CHUMP!
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  18. YardMedic

Dude, not talking about you! I was agreeing with there being better choices for the $7k than this truck mounted blower, such as the pictures posted here. I don't slam anyone asking questions