1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck mounted Mini Computer to track weather

Discussion in 'Weather' started by xtreem3d, Aug 23, 2008.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

hey guys,
    are any of you using a mini computer mounted in your truck to keep an eye on radar during a storm. looking for something kinda nice,don't want to use my phone or a blackberry,
  2. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

I installed a "Ram" Lap top mount in my truck I got it from Holland Computer which had the best price and good service. I use my more for GPS, with the large screen I don't have to put my glasses on, lol

3. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

we must be really old school up here....we just look out the window :D
  4. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

I would also love to have a radar in the truck! Although... my wife would probably like it more, because I now call her every 1/2 hour to check the radar.

5. gkm

gkm Senior Member

looks great you could do billing right at each site,thats not seasonal
  6. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

I get accuweather.com on my cell phone, you can zoom in on the radar pretty good. It's only 3.99 a month, so a pretty cheap option, you also get all the warnings, and a decent hourly forecast with temps, wind speed, and precip amount. Then you can look at the 10 day forecast and see when you're going to be out again.
  7. Dodge Plow Pwr

Dodge Plow Pwr Senior Member

I also have a printer in the truck and a power converter and I do my billing for non seasonal before I leave with the $$$$$.payup
  8. samjr

samjr Senior Member

9. Enzo

Enzo Senior Member

very true with the i phone, another good thing with the laptop is that its nice and big. for me it takes up to much room in the truck, also as far as internet goes do you have a plan with Verizon, att, or t mobile for wireless access on their network?
  10. samjr

samjr Senior Member

i am in canada

ya i got 6GB a month for $30 i well never go over that