1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Mount

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by jax1013, Feb 23, 2003.

1. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

Can anyone advise if a truck mount from a Dodge ram is compatable with a Ford F250 or Do I need to get a new truck mount for the Ford. This is a Western 71/2 Pro plow.

from NJ

My guess is you would need to get a new truck mount for your ford, check e bay may be able to swap someone who needs a dodge one, that has a ford one ?
  3. litle green guy

litle green guy Senior Member

Nope, I'm 99% sure it won't work, gotta get a new mount,
  4. snowflake

snowflake Member

yupper it wont work cannt interchange mounts. some of the older models you could. frame have different measurements

try ebay like rex suggested mite find a good used one on there or possible swap with somebody.
  5. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Jax, I have used mounts for the f250/350 for the 80-91 and the 92-98 models. Sorry just sold the last 99+ superduty model I had. Can get you new ones without a problem. Give me a call if any of these will work for you. Jerre

p.s. Light cross over may need to be changed also.
    Easy check. Ford uses red and green with black stripe on the high and low beam wires. Dodge uses Purple and another with a white stripe. If the plug types are the same and the striped wires are in the same locations you can use the crossover otherwise you need another style.

Also Starting in late 96 dodge went to a positive ground / negative switching system and 4-6 relays. This crossover can still be used on the older without the extra relays. Call for fax of the wiring specs.
  6. jax1013

jax1013 Senior Member

Jerre, and other artic engineers,
    THANK YOU for your input....i just p/u a 1988 F250 from an original owner...great shape...i took off my western 7 1/2 pro plow from my 2001 ram 2500 and put on a 810 blizzard ( best thing i ever did since getting into the buisness)...Ford's Lawnmower (in N.J.)and equipment kudos to Teddy and co.. i want to mount the wetsern onto the f250 very quickly... if u have what i need i'll pay for the overnight shipping...Jerre, i'm the guy in Staten Island NY that u stayed on the phone for about 45 min... twice...still have the Fischer 6 1/2 MM sitting in the garage...might look for a light truck in the off-season for it...I finally p/u the vee pro 8000 w/ the 2 vibrators and no plate on the auger it works great...that puts the western 1000 swing-gate into the garage../ dont want to mount it on the ford b/c it s easier to put the atv and snowblowers in their...Sunday into Monday 28.8 inches..finally finished on wednesday...still haven't done all invoices yet...oh well i'm not complaining gang...only 3.5 inches last year....take care and plow safe!!!!