1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by marylandbigb, Sep 26, 2009.

1. marylandbigb

marylandbigb Member

just attempted too install the truck mount from my boss 8'2" which was purchased in 2005 to a 2009 3500hd dually the mount goes completely under the truck behind the bumper the mount bolts too the truck fine but is useless did they change their mounts? anyone have advice and price on the new mount if available!!!!! what a headache i was informed by a local truck shop here that installs boss that it would be a direct bolt on

p.s. it was on a 2005 gmc 3500hd srw and also on a 2500 hd chevrolet and worked fine with a few bumper fascia mods too chevy

2. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

So you say it mounts but yet it doesnt work? Does it not sit low enough to mount the plow? Post pics if possible too...

3. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

BOSS did a revision to the GM Undercarriage, moving the mount forward 1" to compensate for the later model HD's. You either have the LTA03699 which was designed more for the '02 HD's, or the LTA04767 which was later revised to have the shift more forward...
    You can order the side plates to move it forward, and they are BOSS part #'s PBA15555 & PBA15556 MSRP of $72.36 each, and the rear angle bracket part # LTA15552 MSRP of $194.30. Or you can get the new style Undercarriage complete for MSRP $560 with a part # LTA04767B... My local dealer probably has everything in stock @ 303-840-4592. They offer 24 hr. service and competitive discount pricing...