1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck mount instructions

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ShoreLineCT, Jul 24, 2008.

1. ShoreLineCT

ShoreLineCT Junior Member

Where can I find instructions for mounting the truck side mount on a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500. Any help is appreciated. Also is the wiring for a MM2 fisher plow different depending on Make, year, etc. Looking for the wiring for above truck. Thanks in advance. If anyone can post a picture of a 1999 Dodge Ram 2500 truck side mount for a Fisher 8 HD MM2 I would appreciate it. Bought one used supper cheap ($50) and want to verify that it is the right one.

Ed

2. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Go to Fisher's site by clicking link above. Go to the tech section, installation instructions, minute mount, peculiar mount, dodge then find your year, its a PDF.

For the wiring go into the tech section and into the selection guides, find your year and it will lay out all the numbers for mounts and wiring to compare.

3. ShoreLineCT

that was easy

Thanks Fliper, I did as you said and found the diagram of the mount and the instructions to install. Where in CT are you. Thanks for the info.

Ed

4. Flipper

Flipper PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Danbury area

5. ShoreLineCT

Wiring

Any idea where I can get used 3 plug wiring for my MM2 plow. Dealer wants to much.

Ed

6. stillen

stillen Senior Member

3 port AND 4 port modules are on ebay........

7. ShoreLineCT

Mm2

Couldn't find any for a 1999 Dodge 2500 for a MM2.

Ed

8. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

You can use a western harness, same thing.

9. ShoreLineCT

Thanks

Are the part numbers the same or different.

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Some p/n's are the same in the wiring between Fisher and Western (same supplier)...but many are different.

11. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Okie dokie. The mounts for the minute mounts I and II are the same. They just vary by the truck model. They really easy to install, just three or four bolts on each side. The instructions are on the fisher website. Sometimes you have to lose the tow hooks like I did on my Silverado 2500

12. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

When we put plates on the chevy 2500s, people would ask if they loose the tow hooks or not and we found a way to leave them on. Its mostly for looks though. Id rather have someone pull off the frame plates that has more connections to the frame than a hook that is at the end of the frame (weekest spot) and only have three connections!
    wesport