1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Mount for Western Unimount fits Ford Ranger/Explorer/Bronco II/ Mazda Navajo

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by collegeplow, Dec 14, 2004.

1. collegeplow

collegeplow Junior Member

I have a used truck mount for unimounts on ford ranger, explorer, and bronco 2. $125/obo. New ones are $350 on ebay, don't know if you can still get them at western.

The western assembly number is 61950. I have never used it myself. It came with a blade I bought last year, but I needed a chevy mount. I think it's 5 or 6 years old. I've just finished scraping the loose paint off and I'm about to give it a few fresh coats of rust inhibitor and paint. Seems solid all over. I will post pics as soon as I finish with it.

The mount is bent about 1/2". The main section of the mount is a 30" wide "U-shaped angle iron. In the middle of the 30" span, it is bowed FORWARD 1/2". I have no idea how it was bent the way it is, someone must have been backing up and hit something from the back of the mount. It looks like it was hit on the bottom side. I can't see how you'd do it pushing snow and I don't think it will affect you pushing snow. The guy I bought it from didn't know it was bent, he'd been using it as is. As far as I can tell, there is no reason you couldn't bolt it up to your truck and plow with it. All the other parts look solid and straight.

Please refer to the parts list at Western's website, or I can email it to you.

Western's website is www.westernplows.com

Or you can use the link below and look at the parts list. It is the #1335 mount the list at this link:

http://www.westernplows.com/techinfo.asp?cat=191Unimount parts lists

Here's what I am including:

(1) # 1 61945 Mount Frame 1335
    (1) # 2 61951 Trust Arm
    (1) # 3 61952 Trust Arm
    (2) # 4 61412 Link Arm
    (2) # 5 61916 Link Arm Lug
    (2) # 6 61917 Coupling Lug
    (2) #30 93062 3/4 Rivets (more of a pin than rivet)
    (2) #11 or #13 Spacers I don't know which part number these ones are
    (10) NEW hardened 1/2 bolts & nuts (for bolting mount parts together)
    (6) Old 1/2 bolts & nuts and (2) Old 1/2 u-bolts & nuts for bolting mount to your truck. (These are different for the different trucks, so I didn't buy new ones.
    (2) NEW cotter pins for 3/4 rivets

PLEASE note the bumper brackets are not included, and the #12 spacer (listed as '91 ranger only) is not included.

Total weight comes in just under 60lbs. Shipping is $25 within 150 miles or so, and $50 across the country. I will charge actual cost, from 49544. If you're nearby we can skip shipping and we can work out a pickup time.