1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck losing height?????

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 2003ctd, Jan 7, 2009.

1. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

My 2003 2500 has just rolled 160,000 miles, its had a plow on it since day 1... My question is, when I put my 2007 and the 2003 next to each other the 2007 is almost 2 inches higher.. (same size tires)... And the ride of the 2003 seems to be getting worse and worse... Also before the 2003 with the plow off would not sit on the timbrens, now with the plow off its riding on them... Do the coil springs up front wear out and compress?
  2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

yes do you have spring coil on that? They get age and become weak. Time for new spring.
  3. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Ya the springs well wear out over time, we replaced the springs in both of our Dodge diesels with the heaviest spring available and have not had any other problems since then!
  4. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Springs do wear out over time from compression and tension. Order up a new set of HD Dodge springs and stick them in there. :cool:
  5. 2003ctd

2003ctd Senior Member

You wouldn't happen to have the part number for those springs would you?? The parts guy at my dealer is an idiot, and is constently ordering me the wrong parts.
  6. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Its a common problem when they get older. Here is a web site that may help you

7. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

nice. very nice. lol...