1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck-Lite wiring diagram

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MidwayUSA, Mar 28, 2010.

1. MidwayUSA

MidwayUSA Junior Member

The boss bought a used plow. Was on a Ford but now putting it on a 99 Chevy Tahoe. The Truck-Lite harness is a 12 wire set up. He bought an adapter harness that plugs into the bulbs but was for Nite Sabre lights with modules. I clipped the Ford headlamp adapters and the chevy module plugs and want to just attach and heat shrink the wires. The daytime running lights do not work and he has opted not to buy the expensive setup for them.

Anyway can anyone tell me what color wires are what on the Meyer harness? The wires coming to and from the lamps are red, white, and blue and I know what each of them does.

I have these colors:
    Left hand Meyer harness:
    Green
    White
    Red
    Gray
    Brown
    Purple

Right hand Meyer harness:
    Gray
    Brown
    Blue
    Orange

On the headlamp adapter harness output:
    White: Low beam to lamp
    Blue: Common to lamp
    Red: High beam to lamp

On the headlamp adapter harness input:
    White: Low beam power from vehicle
    Blue: Common from vehicle
    Red: High beam from vehicle

I have the blinker wires figured out. Anyone have any info on the wiring? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

3. MidwayUSA

MidwayUSA Junior Member

I have that in the original paperwork but it doesn't break down the color codes on the wires anywhere in it.

4. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

how many prongs on the back of the switch ?

5. MidwayUSA

MidwayUSA Junior Member

12 just like in that picture on the link you sent. The wire colors on the switch aren't the problem. The colors that connect to the lights and power from the truck on the end of the harness are the colors I need to know where they connect. We have kind of got things connected by trial and error but some aren't right.