1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck-Lite Plow, lights where to buy?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Bill645, Oct 5, 2006.

1. Bill645

Bill645 Junior Member

I have a problem with my lights. They are the old style Meyer's, made by Truck-Lite.

The mounting bolts are rusted up solid. what I really would like to do is replace the mounting bolts if possible. I would hate to but new lights, as I have my strobe's mounted in them.

I cant seem to figure a way to change out the bolt, without taking the whole thing apart by way of drilling out the rivets. Are these mounting bolts a standard bolt or am i better off just getting new lights?

Does anybody know what a good place to get them is? I found them on
    www.J-thomas.com $67 for drivers side, and $70 for passenger side. Is this a good price? Does anybody else have another source for these? Is this a good price?

Thanks in advance.

2. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

If you want to replace them you can find sets of low pro lights for about 100 bucks i know awdirect has a set for 99.

I think if they still work fine then leave them be, but instead of messin around trying to fix them just get some new ones and swap ur strobes over. yeah i know a PITA but hey if its what ya gotta do, its what ya gotta do.

3. Bill645

Bill645 Junior Member

I would rather not have to touch them, BUT at least buy in new ones, I would have spare parts. lol I'll check out aw direct. I didn't even think of checking there for some reason.

4. Bill645

Bill645 Junior Member

just went to awdirect.com and there website apears to be down.

5. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Truck Lites

Also check with Jeen at Storks Auto on this site. I think he emailed me that he bought a bunch of them and was looking to sell some.

6. Bill645

Bill645 Junior Member

Here's what I did... Cut off the mounting bolts, ground off the rivets that hold the housing to the mounting bolts. I used Stainless Steel bolts, locks, flats, and nuts.

Used 8/32's to mount the light housig to the mounting bolt assembly. Used 1/2-13 carrage bolts for the mounting bolts.

Works great! Now I can adjust my lights agian!