1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck-lite on unimount

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by green frog, Dec 9, 2009.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I broke the housing on one of my lights and its not fixable. So I got a free pair of the Meyer style Truck-lites. I found wiring diagrams and matched up wires. So I have high and low beam along with parking and turn signals. Is there an extra grond need because the new light is dim compared to the other one. I even changed the bulb. Its dim on high beams also. I did cut the plug off the truck-lites but all 5 wires match up and everything works just dim? Any ideas?

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

you have them hooked up wrong. white is not ground from the plow. just fixed this twice this week.

3. green frog

green frog Senior Member

Can you tell me what the wires are on the truck-lites? White,black,yellow green, and red. Got the wiring for western but cant find the truck-lites diagram.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Red - Hi beam
    Green - Lo beam
    Yellow - Turn
    Black - Marker
    White - Ground

5. Labatt74

Labatt74 Junior Member

I have the same issues. Can I wire this directly to my
    new 12 pin repair harness (plow side) without having to
    hook up a toggle switch? My guess would be to twist the
    two red (one is long to run to a toggle thru the firwall0.
    Same for the green too? Any help would be great. I just do
    not want to have a toggle. I want it to run only from
    the harness so when the plow is hooked up and I turn on my
    lights, it knows to engage the plow lights and then it's
    unhooked, the truck lights come on.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

So you wish to splice them into your existing 12 pin plow side harness? You can do that.

7. Labatt74

Labatt74 Junior Member

Yes, I did that yesterday but the marker lights stay on no matter what so I unplugged the harness from the truck for now. My brother is going to wire it for me. He is the GM mechanic, not me :) Thanks for the reply.