1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Lights...How does it look?

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by firefighter1406, Nov 23, 2010.

1. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I have all of my lights wired up and ready to go. Federal Highlighter up top, Strobes in all four corners, 2 Whelen TIR3 lights on tool box, 55 watt worklights on the bottom of bumper, and 2 35 watt lights on the rear of the salt spreader. What do you guys think? I and thinking about adding two more strobes in the rear, on for each tailight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHxdmhB1La8

2. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

That is serious, hurt my eyes :dizzy:

3. firefighter1406

Thanks.......... I think. Those Welen TIR3's on the rear of the tool box are insane bright.

4. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

looking good

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I think people will beable to se you. If they can't they shouldn't be driving.

6. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

I'll second that! Looks good. But one question... Isn't it illegal to have strobes in your red brake light housing if you aren't certified as emergency response?

I thought they had to be in the white or amber section.

7. firefighter1406

I called the police dept before I installed the strobes. I had them in the reverse lights but they told me I could not have any clear facing the rear. Even though a ton of guys around here have them in the reverse lights. The cop himself said that I probably would never get bothered but it on takes one cop with a bad day and you had got a ticket.

8. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

Ya I was told that you are supposed to hit the amber lights in the rear facing lamps. I personally like the strobe strips that you can put on the lower section of the truck, like at the step rail area (or where they would attach). I know it can be different in different areas. I was just curious what they had to say about it.

I can have them wherever because my father is FD and I have take downs in the truck for when he is working part time helping me. He has taken my truck to many crashes when he had all-calls. I even plowed the station last year for them... So I doubt it'd matter for me, but I thought I'd bring it up... Some people have no clue that certain colors are illegal in vehicle lighting.

IDK yours looks great though man! that is just silly bright. I almost want to turn off the lights and run the video LOL. Good work.

9. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

nice job, you will be noticed that's for sure.

10. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

you should be able to do what you want on private property while plowing, you just might not want to drive down the road with the strobes on......

11. firefighter1406

I never drive down the road with any of my lights on. Only in the parking lot. Fords dont have an area with amber in the rear taillights so that is not an option with my truck. Thanks for all the nice comments. I think it looks great, I might try a night video and post it for ya tonight. And the best thing about it all it I have less then 300 bucks in all the lighting in the video :)

Last edited: Nov 24, 2010
  12. SDP Hauling

SDP Hauling Senior Member

crazy..you will easily be spotted..well done