1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck lift height with plow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mudjnky, Dec 18, 2003.

1. mudjnky

mudjnky Junior Member
    from nj

Hi All,
    I have a 93 F350 4WD, am going to get a Fisher MM2 plow. How high over stock can the truck be and still get a good angle for the plow? I'm not sure how much adjustment is built into the plow.

Thnx, Scott

2. intimidator

intimidator Member

I used to plow with an 85 Blazer with 6" lift and 35" tires and never had any problems to speak of. The plow tented to trip forward a little more often and wear out the edge fairly quickly,but it sure cleared to the pavement good though. I've heard of people bending a frames with too much of an angle though.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2003
  3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Ask the dealer. He should know.

4. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

i would say you need an extension or special bracket to keep the same height as a normal truck. see a welder!

5. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

I have a welding shop making me some new brakets to mount the western uni setup lower my truck is way up there 6" lift with 315's on it

plow truck 003.jpg

6. ProEnterprises

ProEnterprises Senior Member
    from CT

nice truck man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:waving:

7. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

i wouldnt want to plow with a lifted truck. but get at least a 8ft blade and you should be fine

8. jo2fst4u

jo2fst4u Member

Thanks!! I got a deal $3,500 it's a 97 F250 5.8 351w 113,000 miles it has a few dents but over all it's a solid truck, I picked up a Western uni mount 7.5 pro plow For $1,000 so i hope to make some money to pay for the beast :)

9. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

I have a 95 F150 with a 4" lift and 33x12.50's on it and it plows like crazy. The only problem I have is that when the blade is angled all the way to the right or left, the trailing edge is off the ground and inch. so I have to angle it a little less to get it flat. I have another A frame that has been modified so that the plow is not angled forward hardly at all and that seems to solve the problem, however it probably weighs50 to 75 pounds more than the stock A frame. With the modified A frame, it will drop the nose of the truck about and inch or less, with the stock A frame the front end hardly drops at all. So far this year I have been living with just a little less angle on the plow and it works fine. The nice thing about a lift on a 150 is that the whole suspension is now beefed up quite a bit over a stock 150.

10. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

If modify the truck mount, a-frame, or both make sure that you add some bracing that goes farther back on the truck! If you don't, you have a tremendous amount of leverage on the frame of the truck, and if you hit something, it will bend the front of the frame right down under the truck as it jams the mount backwards.

11. mudjnky

mudjnky Junior Member
    from nj

Thanks for all the input. I'll be running an 8' Fisher, probably about 4 inches of lift. Looks like the best bet is to lower the mount and add bracing.

Thnx again, Scott

I'll post a pic when its done and let you know how I made out.

12. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

Is that new truck a TTB (Twin Traction Beam front axle)?

13. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

89 f350 with a 4 inch body lift(i think). Does fine with 8 foot fisher and stock mount.

slush 001.jpg

14. ztoro

ztoro Junior Member
    from NJ

lift with plow

5.5 fabtech with stock 265/75.

I have since put on 35's with now problems...

boss.jpg