1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck lettering

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Workaholic, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Workaholic

Workaholic Member

I am in the works of lettering up a couple of my trucks.
    Looking at getting some opinions.
    I have kept it very simple and one color because I have an entry level vinyl cutter and I make all my own stickers. I will post a pic my current lettering. I have come up with the other 2 to give my "text" logo more of an image.

A, B or C logo?

stuff for sale 016.jpg

logo ideas.jpg

stuff for sale 016.jpg

logo ideas.jpg
  2. Grotonems5

Grotonems5 Member
    from Vermont

First one, A.
  3. qualitylawn

qualitylawn Senior Member

a also looks good!
  4. I agree go with A
  5. Tirioloservices

Tirioloservices Member

6. Workaholic

Workaholic Member

thanks for the input, keep um commin
  7. 04tundra

04tundra Senior Member

"A" for sure
  8. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I like A the best.
  9. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

I'm also going to say A, very simple and professional!
  10. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

A all the way....
  11. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

I vote for C.

It seems to have just a bit less contrast which makes it easier on the eyes. Sometimes a color a few shades different makes a difference. Clearly I have been out-voted however.
  12. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

I like A also. I don't think I like the phone number so big and bold compared to the name. You only have a few seconds to grab someones attention. It's all about name recognition. If I were to see your truck, my eyes would focus on the phone number and have no idea what you actually did. Also, just because you have an entry level cutter, don't limit yourself to one color. I have a cricut cutter from Walmart and we do multiple colors. You can use a couple of drops of dawn liquid soap and spray the material and truck, giving yourself moveable material time. Don't do that if you're using reflective though. ps: Reflective really grabs their attention at night. That's all I use. Also remember if you want more pop, remember the darker/lighter rule. If you have a light colored truck, the darker vinyl you use, the better it can be seen and vice versa. http://www.elliott-design.net/letter_size_chart.htm
  13. espyj

espyj Member

What do you have for a vinyl cutter and where do you get your supplies? I've always considered buying one to do my own work
  14. SSS Inc.

SSS Inc. PlowSite Fanatic

In regards to the Cricut. My wife has one of those. The only thing I have always wondered is it possible to create your own graphics instead of using their cartridges? I get my logos printed for me but Occasionally I will hand cut a logo for a piece of equipment after getting it repainting. I just did an Ingersoll Rand logo that looks factory but it would have been nice to run it through the cricut. Any ideas?
    When lining up graphics I have always layed everything out on a table then used clear contact paper, lay it out over the graphics. It sticks just enough to hold everything in the right spot. It will peel off easilly once everything is adhered to your truck or equipment.
  15. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Logo A. Shrink the phone number down to fit on one door, place it above the trimline. otherwise it'll just get blasted off with road grime/slush.

On your website vinyl, Capitalized the first letter of each word so it doesn't turn into one big word when people read it at 50mph. ala www.QualityTurfGroup.com
  16. plowingkid35

plowingkid35 Senior Member

A all the way
  17. KTLawnCo

KTLawnCo Member
    from VA

I would go with AA.......C is just too long when you drive quickly plus the words are not bunched together
  18. hlntoiz

hlntoiz Senior Member
    from NW, CT

"A" ad a 3rd color to really get noticed IMO Maybe Gold outlines
  19. DodgeBlizzard

DodgeBlizzard Senior Member

www.surecutsalot.com If I remember right it costs $75 for that program but then you never have to buy any of those money robbing cartriges. You can combine this program with www.inkscape.org which is free if you want to do logo work. Let me know if you need any help. It's pretty easy, but with anything else, it takes a little time to get the hang of it. Their a few forums with people that will help. You can post your logo and they will transform it into the right format and you can easily work with it. Sounds complicated, but it's not really. That original $75 bucks along with the cricut machine was covered after the very first project I did myself instead of paying the local sign shop. Plus I get a little satisfaction looking at it knowing I did it myself. You can also order a 1'x2' cutting pad from walmart to use with the Cricut machine. And being a non professional, that's about all the bigger I can handle doing it myself. Any more questions, just ask.
  20. Workaholic

Workaholic Member

Thanks, will look into that software Thumbs Up