1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck lettering worked for me this week

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by MSS Mow, Nov 9, 2010.

1. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Was driving down the road a couple days ago and a strange # came up on the cell phone. I typically answer it cause you never know it might be a new customer. Well, it was the guy in the car right behind me in traffic and wanted to know if I plowed snow cause he saw my business name ...Seasonal Services and my license plate that says Mo-N-Sno and figured I must plow.

So, a combination of the truck lettering and the license plate actually worked to gain a potential customer. The only bad part is that I 4 hours away from home buying a truck, so I wasn't able to help the guy. But, it was good to know people actually do read the truck lettering!!

2. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

NICE! Glad to hear it worked for you. So whats the new truck?

3. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

2001 Ford F350 flatbed dump. 4x4. 7.3 diesel. 30k miles. I got a 9.2 Boss VXT going on it that came off the 05 GMC 3500 as well as the 2 yard sander. The truck had Fisher pushplates/wiring on it if you know of anyone in need.

4. GMCHD plower

GMCHD plower PlowSite.com Addict

So the 3500 is goin' or are you setting it up differently? And WOW 30k on a 7.3? Thats not even broken it yet!

5. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

3500 is gone. Neighbor bought it.

Yeah, the 7.3 should be a tank for along time to come!! I got lucky finding it. It was in Uncle Henry's and I called the first day it came out. He could have sold it half a dozen times over last weekend while waiting for me to get back with the check.

6. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

MSS,

Lettering is the second best thing you can do (word of mouth as you know is the best). Just last week I picked up a small commercial lot because the lady kept seeing my trucks around. I ALWAYS ask how someone found out about my company. Is good to know where the advertising dollars are working!

7. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

That's great. Lettering on your truck is also a tax right off, rite?

8. MatthewG

MatthewG PlowSite.com Addict

Its a business expense, save your receipt, I file mine under advertising expenses for accounting purposes

9. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Yeah I always ask too, but didn't have to on this one. lol.

Gotta get my new truck lettered up now! Can't wait.

10. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

who does your lettering? any pics of your trucks?

11. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

There's a local guy that does it. He does a ton of lettering around here. Mostly lobster boats and trucks.

I'll get some pics up as soon as I get the new truck done. Probably be a week.