1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Is Done

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Jaynen, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Finally got everything installed. Much bigger job than I expected.

IMG00042-20091030-1745.jpg

IMG00044-20091030-1746.jpg

2. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

nice setup. will serve ya well. did you do anything to the front end because it doesnt look like it squatted much when you lifted the plow.

3. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks good have a great season

4. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

I think the truck has the plow package but I installed timbrens anyway. Seems like it still sits the same height as before the timbrens.

5. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Truck looks good, holds the plow well. Your plow lights should be on in that 2nd pic.

6. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

Good luck with er... But just so you know... theres no such thing as a "plow package" for any half ton chevy....

7. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

Oh okay lol. I was just assuming from how the truck sat with the plow on, and the pre wiring for the beacon.

8. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

Just want to repeat what Cet mentioned as I noticed it too that your truck lights should not be on in that second pic unless you unplugged the plow after you raised it which wouldn't make much sense

9. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

The Arctic runs a toggle switch inside the cab that you have to turn on to change from truck to plow light. When I had an arctic I always remembered to turn them on but when I disconnected the plow I sometimes forgot to change it back.

10. Triple L

from Canada

Or he could be like my dad and never ever run plow lights cause the arctics suck so much.... My dad always just uses the truck lights and keeps the plow low...

11. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

I just didnt bother with the toggle switch. I parked on the street to check the height of the skid shoes and I thought might as well take a pic. I havent drivin on any streets yet because the plow insurance becomes active on the 15th. The wiring does suck on the plow. I was having a big issue with that and found 2 broken wires, and 2 broken pins on the connectors. But all is good now.

12. Triple L

from Canada

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I dont think if you cream another car on the road its gonna go under your plow insurance, just cause you have a plow on dosent mean your plowing snow....

Sorry but i just found that line wayy too funny....

13. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

White Snow,White Truck ...HMMMM!!! Best put some markings on so you don't get blended in with the Snow piles... I know you have a light on top but I have seen most drivers over look that.... Just a thought !!!!!

14. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Hide-a-ways in the rear lights would probably work well

15. Jaynen

Jaynen Senior Member

I will deffinatly have something better setup for lights next year, just gotta recoupe on the investment a little first.