1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by OhioPlower, Jan 6, 2012.

1. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

How much are you guys paying for insurance on your trucks? I just got a 2012 chevy dump and got a quote of 1100 every 6 months for commercial use, or 183/ mo. Does that sound right? Sounds high to me..
  2. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

Sounds low, but did you get a 1mil policy? you the only driver? then its high but any violations in the last 39 months?

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Probably right, I remember when the Freight was new it was $6k/yr. Don't even ask anymore just call and have it added what ya going to do? Kinda like bitchin about fuel prices you need it
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  4. RMGLawn

RMGLawn Senior Member

I'm 21 and pay 204 a month on my 2011 F250. Full coverage. 1k deductible
  5. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

Well I found a insurance company that is 55/ mo less but they have horrible reviews, looks like ill be paying a little more, would hate for a claim to get denied and get stuck paying for it
  6. 4d9

4d9 Junior Member
    from 49329

my insurance company quoted me 1200 for commercial coverage on my 07 gmc sierra plus 900 for commercial liabilty with me as the only driver, 41 years old with no tickets, they also informed me that i needed commercial license plates on my truck also. I have since decided that i am only going to plow my driveway at this point
  7. OhioPlower

OhioPlower Senior Member

I guess I could have put more info in my post. Im 24 1 speeding ticket. Im just talking about commercial coverage on the truck, I have a sperate 1 mil liability policy for landscape/ snowplowing work
  8. EIB

EIB Senior Member

900.00 a year for a commercial truck policy. 2003 F350

1900.00 a year for a 2 mil business coverage
  9. kg26

kg26 Senior Member

Not to shabby
  10. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

02 f250 diesel I pay 160 a month, its business and personal though so its higher. I have a seperate gl policy for 1mil that is 800 a year
  11. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

You don't want to know what I pay for my insurance, auto and all my liabilities come on the same bill though.
  12. kg26

kg26 Senior Member

That low huh?
  13. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

It pays to be in my thirties, married, and with a clean driving record......knock on wood.

It still sucks when I think about all the $ going out each month for insurance on equipment, trucks, liability, wifes car, health, home.......I'm sure I'm forgetting something.....oh yeah, motorcycle.

Oh well - gotta have it!....:help:
  14. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

I don't know, is $2k a month low to you?
  15. kg26

kg26 Senior Member

No not by a long shot.:gunsfiring:
  16. gafred

gafred Member
    from Boone

On your commercial truck policy, what all does it cover? I ask thats a low $ amount and if same as my high $ I should switch.
  17. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Lot of factors in insurance quotes. Age,credit score,full time in the business,deductible,collision insurance,,city /suburbs.state,marine inland,value of the truck.
  18. EIB

EIB Senior Member

It covers what a normal policy covers. It just covers it while Im plowing. If you just had a regular policy it wouldn't cover you while plowing.
  19. Krrz350

Krrz350 Member

My state is very strict on consumer protection for insurance, so the can only base it on ticketable offenses, no credit checks etc.

With that said my record isn't the greatest, everything except parking tickets is surchargeable.

I pay 2200 a year through progressive commercial, that's including personal use and a snow removal/firewood rider, collision & comprehensive, minimum limit of 40000 property damage, and 100000/300000 medical. In order to get a GL policy of a half million, I had to have matching coverage on the vehicle policy as well, which all total would have been around 6000, i couldn't do that for driveways.
  20. Krrz350

Krrz350 Member

I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to reverse and leaving the scene.