1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck improvments

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by meyer22288, Apr 17, 2004.

1. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

my truck is a 1993 ford f-250 4x4 with a 5.8l 351 in it. i was wonder what i could do to my truck to make it get better horse power, run and sound better, get better gas milage, and just over all improve the truck. i already plan on installing a cold air intake, all new brake pads, brake lines, and new drums. it has a brand new oil pan.im putting a new fan belt and wiper motor in it. im also installing a new ignition switch. anything you guys would suggest i add to my truck?

what would you guys suggest for an exhaust?. i want it to sound and look nice but be affordable.

2. Team_Yamaha

Team_Yamaha Senior Member

Instead of the whole cold air intake system which is about $300+, I would just get a K&N air filter which is about $35, is will give just about as much power gain as the intake system on your truck. Then I would take the truck to a muffler shop and have a new exhaust system put on. I have found that a 2.5" exhaust with duals out of the cat or 3" single out of the cat, either one with a glass pack (cherry bomb) or a turbo muffler will work very nice with a non-modified truck. If you are looking for other mods past this, just let me know and I can let you know about a lot of them, but these are the cheapest and easiest of them all.