1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck I'm thinking about buying

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Bad Luck, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

What do you guys think? Guy is asking 1500.00

Needs: Inner and Outter Rockers, Front inner and outer fenders. Exhuast. Rear floor corners. Rear floor near tailgate.

It's an 88 with an 8ft Western. Runs great. TBI 350 with a 700R Trans

2. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

A few more

3. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

last ones.

4. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

What do you plan on using it for? A backup? With your luck with newer trucks, Id be worried about something old!!:eek: :waving: :D
  5. polarplowing

polarplowing Member

I have a 88 GMC Sub. and it is built like a tank, except for the front axle. I have gone through ball joints, tie rods, front u-joints, etc. It takes $$ to keep up the little things, but I love the weight of the old iron and the strength of the frames, etc.
    Just my opinion, for $1500.00 how could you go wrong, if it runs and drives good (I wouldn't use it as a primary truck, but back-up you can't beat it)

6. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

FTO - Wiseass :drinkup:

Just to bang around, do a couple of driveways. Use as a beach rig. Piss my wife off becuase there is something else I have sitting in the driveway I never use. :D
  7. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Now there is a reason! I think it would be great for everything that you listed. I just bought a 1987 Ram tank and love it. Can't beat the old steel. Backed it into a small tree the other night... not a scratch. Like I would care ever if it did scratch. It has a handful and a half of problems, but thats what ya get for $1200. Anyway, to end my rambling looks like a good beater vehicle. I'd take it. If the thing craps out in a year, you are only out $1500 plus the new parts and then just part the thing out! For $1200 I got my truck, I bed load of parts, and 8 wheels and 9 off road tires with 75-90% tread left. I figured I could at least make my money back on the tires and wheels!
  8. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

Being the off-season, hem and haw alot about storing it all summer just to plow your driveway etc. and offer him a grand, let him talk you back up a little. Then on your way home, pick up $50 worth of bondo, fibreglass, and spray paint to close up the holes and make it look more presentable.

You know my opinion on that vintage GM truck... don't need to repeat it. How could you possibly go wrong?

Be prepared to be constantly fixing little things though.
  9. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

good buy

cant go wrong parts are cheap for k5 you could buy a rust free tub cheap