1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck I am putting together

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by MJM Landscaping, Feb 9, 2006.

1. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Well I am bored so here is a project I have been working on for the past year. I bought it , stripped it to the frame and painted the frame in my basement. Everything is new.

It is a 81 chevy shortbed 2wd with the older late 70s front end:

1.jpg

2. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

another:::::::

2.jpg

3. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

383 stroker, TH400, 12 bolt

3.jpg

4. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

last one for now::

4.jpg

5. KingDuramax

KingDuramax Senior Member

Nice truck. I am a Chevy truck fan myself. I've owned about 30 of them. Just haven't found the one to hold onto yet. Theres a few good forums outthere for these trucks.

6. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

Nice! How much is the front end down? I have all the major parts that I need for the project (actually I HAD them all) I have an 85 swb that is rusted to all hell. I bought a frame that has only very light surface rust, and even some of the origional paint left. The truck has an early 700R4 and I bought a nice clean 12 bolt posi out of a yard in GA. I have 2 GM rust free doors and a tail gate. I had a real nice box, but sold it after it sat in the yard for 3 years un touched. The only real thing that I would have to do is the cab which is really shot. Floors and rockers are easy, but on mine where the back of the floor and the cab meet is all rusted out. I know where there is a good cab though.

Who did the cab on yours? Also is yours charcoal grey? Did you build the motor?

I like it

Adam

7. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

I found the cab on a 4x4 with a 6 inch lift. Someone had sandblasted and primed the bottom. It has all original sheetmetal, even cab corners. I body shop painted it near me. I traded the junk cab and the 4x4 chassis for all the paint work.

Its a ford color dark metalic grey.

Machine shop built the motor: eagle 4340 rotating assembly, fully balanced, comp extreme energy cam, aluminum heads, a 1 3/4" headers, will have full 3 " exhaust, full msd idnition. Shooting for 550 hp.

Oh ya a TH400 with all tci parts, ati 3500 converter, b+m prostick 12 bolt, eaton posi, 4.11 gears.

Front has 2" drop coils with 3" spindles. Rear is 4" hangers.

8. Edgewater

Edgewater Member

Sweet color, my work trucks are all getting done in Ford CX grey. I did my Six wheeler last year, and hoping to do my F-250 soon. My chev crew cab is the GM carbon metallic

Be sure to keep us updated on the pics.

What did you use on the frame?

9. douglasl330

douglasl330 Senior Member

With very little snow looks like your project should be coming along nicely! Looks sharp--Those rears are going to roast!!!

10. NEUSWEDE

NEUSWEDE Senior Member

Looks sweet, is that the same one you were tooling around with last year? Whatever happened to the S-10, I think I saw the old probe the other day!

11. MJM Landscaping

from Maine

Neuswede no that wanst me I have never even driven this truck. I bought it with no motor or tranny.

The S 10 with the 355 got inpounded in scar. I wound up parted it out.