1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Hits Light Pole

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by LawnProLandscapes, Mar 16, 2009.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

2. 350-CHEVY

350-CHEVY Member

OUCH! i would hate to be that guy
  3. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

DANG ! where is the pole now ?
  4. albhb3

albhb3 PlowSite Veteran

do you see it wiggle lol
  5. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

just throw that in the tall grass 2 never be seen again
  6. Dustball

Dustball Senior Member

Cover it up with some snow and no one will ever know.
  7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Hey "JustAGuy" would that be considered "NORMAL" damage!!

Just kidding - Take it easy!:waving:
  8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

i just couldnt stop from laughing when i seen that lol
  9. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

that ligh pole jump out of no where:p
  10. JDiepstra

JDiepstra PlowSite.com Addict

That's a shame cause that looks like a nice truck!
  11. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

that's one way to find out where the light post is LOL

Still Laughing hahahahahahha
  12. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

wooooooooooooops. that actually happened at my high school like two years back. DPW guy took it out with a loader
  13. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

my brother took one out this winter, really bad!

he backed up into the pole and pulled the concrete base out of the ground, the truck rode up onto the concrete and high centered it on the axle. had to get pulled off by another truck. he bent the hitchplate pretty good and when he got pulled off the shock mount ripped off the axle, so we have to reweld that and had to hit the tailgate with a sledge a few times to straighten it up. ill post up the pics.
  14. tuna

tuna Senior Member

I have to admit I did the same thing about 15 years ago in a Mack Triaxle after about 25 hours of plowing .I was plowing a lot just like the one in the vid and was backing up and dozed off a bit.Did not tear the concrete footing out of the ground and no damage to the truck just a bit to my pride.I will never forget the sound of the aluminum pole hitting the ground and the lights breaking.I drive by Mall where it happend just about every day and will never forget pole # 76.
  15. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

I'm laughing b/c I think any of us who have been plowing for a long time have hit something like that in our day. How many close calls too.
  16. PTSolutions

PTSolutions PlowSite.com Addict

ya, my brother was at a friends house and they all stayed up late, so he had only a few hours of sleep, then we get hit with an unexpected storm.

last year during a real bad blizzard when we were out for over 30 hours, I would take those real long blinks, you know what im talking about, we've all done it, and i would suddenly open my eyes again b/c i hit the snowpile.