1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Headlights

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Ernie W, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Ernie W

Ernie W Junior Member

I just installed a Used Fisher Plow on my 1993 Chevy step side. After I pluged in the light wiring harnes I had no low beam on the drivers side truck headlight, the right side works fine and the high beam on the drivers side works fine. When I unplug the plug from the harnes and plug it back onto the light it works fine on low beam. So it is not the bulb. Has anyone ever have this problem and what is the fix?Thanks Ernie

2. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Bad contact on the plug. Wiggle it a little and or pull it out slightly.

3. I wish I could remember..

There is a reason for that and it goes something like this. Depending on which type of headlight setup is on the plow, there is a little jumper harness in the area of all of the excess wiring that you bundle up with wire ties when you are done with the install. It has a little red wire that comes out, loops, and goes right back into the jumper. Depending on which pin the jumper wire is what gives you the condition you are getting. Go to www.fisherplows.com and look back for the installation instructions for your particular plow and you should find it. If not someone else here will probably explain it better than me.