1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck headlights screwed up with Western Ultramount

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by roket77, Jan 19, 2011.

1. roket77

roket77 Junior Member

Ive had this western ultramount on my truck for a little over 2 years on my 07 dodge ram with no problems. Other night i noticed my fog lamps wont come on and when i turn on high beams, i have no headlights at all..THIS IS WITH THE PLOW OFF. With my plow hooked up, I have high and low beams but still with no fog lamps. theyre not burned out. (they both wouldnt burn out simultaneously). has anyone had this problem? Im sure its either wiring or someone told me it could be isolation module. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank You,
  2. DieselRam99

DieselRam99 Junior Member
    from Midwest

Your lights have relay under the hood that could have gone out. I don't have western, don't some of them switch lights plow to truck automatically? My 99 ram fog lights didn't work but that was due to a broke switch, the headlight switch was turn on, and then pull out for fog lights to go on. Inside there was a little round contact plate the broke off the plastic pull tab. New one was about $60. I would check for power at the lights and at the relay under the hood.