1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck Headlight Fuse Blowing

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by m297, Feb 25, 2010.

1. m297

m297 Member

I have a 2007 Chevrolet NBS 2500HD, has a 7.5 Western Pro Plow, the left drivers side fuse on the truck blows during plowing. I followed all the wires from the module to the headlights checking for any pinching or bare wires none found, switched out the module because it seemed a little warm when it blew, still blew the fuse with the new module in. You can run with the high beams and have no issue with the high beam fuse blowing. I drive around all day long with low beam lights on and its fine. Seems like when your using the plow it blows. Dont wanna be long winded here guys, but any pointers would be great.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Since you've been over the external wiring (plow side too I assume) disassemble the left side plow lamp and check for any issues in there with the low beam wire.

Corrosion or ice in the grill plug will cause it too.
  3. heckmanda

heckmanda Junior Member
    from PA

Did you figure out what happened? I'm looking at the same problem.
  4. m297

m297 Member

Yes I certainly did and I found it on accident. The arm that the ram is attached to is attached at 2 points on the frame of the plow. One of the sides of the cotter pin holding the pin on was straight and was poking thru the wire loom on the drivers side of the frame. Now my wire loom isn't solid it's like screen material and it has small holes in it and it was poking thru there while the plow was being raise because the pin turns as the plow lifts. So I repaired the damaged wire and zip tied the wiring harness on the back side of the frame instead of being of the inside and bent the other side of the cotter pin so it wasn't straight.
  5. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

what a find!