1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck front end weight

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Newnamlawn, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Newnamlawn

Newnamlawn Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone knew what the front axle weight on a 2003 chevy crew cab deisel is. I know the GAWR but do not know what the acutual weight of the front end is. I am trying to figure out if i can mount a plow on the front without going over the GAWR. Thanks guys
  2. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Find yourself a feed dealer, quarry, scrap yard, CAT scale, anyplace that has truck scales and weigh the thing. There must be someplace around you that has scales. Drive just the front wheels on, pay the man typically $3 to $5 and you have a correct answer. I did that this winter with the rear on my K2500 and found that with 1.2 tons in the spreader I'm just barely within the load capacity for my tires.
  3. Newnamlawn

Newnamlawn Junior Member

thanks alan, that was my second option. Some of the gas stations have free cat scales for the truckers that i will use. I just thought i would ask to see if anyone knew right off hand. Thanks