1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck frame question

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by koko, Dec 30, 2008.

1. koko

koko Junior Member

hi guys i know your probably tired of theese questions but as a newbie to sno way i was wondering if there is a difference between truck frames for different plows, such as would the truck frame for your truck from a different series work with another? whether it was 32,28v or anything else. also this would be the older 3 pin mount frames> thanks in advance, i love the info i get on this site. koko

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Different trucks require different sub-frames, some interchange some do not.

3. koko

koko Junior Member

thanks basher but i am not wondering about different trucks, i am looking to find out if a the truck frames are the same for different plows. someone told me they had a frame for my truck but it was for a different series plow then the one i was looking at. also the part # he said it was did not match the one you gave me earlier. thanks again koko

4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

All the new series (22, 26, 29/32, Mega) take different mounts. If your plow is an 25D it will work with a mount for a 18, 24, 25, ST, MT, HT, or Lobo series Vee blades. Any of the three pin mounts.

And of course it has to be the same manufacturer, Western won't work with Fisher, etc.

Does that help?

5. koko

koko Junior Member

thanks basher thats what i was looking to find out