1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck frame mount delima

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by plowbear, Dec 19, 2009.

1. plowbear

plowbear Junior Member

Hi all I have a slight delima here i have a truck side mount from a 2004 chev K1500 western unimount and need to mount it on my new truck a 1990 chev K1500 . Ya with the economey we had to scale way back and I have no choice but to fit this mount onto my new older truck can anyone with a 1990 to 1996 K1500 chev please send me some pics of the truck side mount so i can see where I have to alter my harness and where I need it to fit onto . Im a good welder and i will be reinforcing everything so no worries about breakage I just need pics to go by for reference . I thank everyone on this site and for everyone for their time and considerations helping me with this tricky problem . have a great holiday thanks Kirk and my email is kdm004@bell.net I have high speed so send all the pics you can please :help::help:

2. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

3. plowbear

plowbear Junior Member

2 different mounts ????

Hi thanks for your help it was greatly apreciated . I went to the western site and they show 2 different truck side mounts for my year truck what gives which one is the right one ? the one shown above or the other one . one is model 1545 and the other is a 1585 thanks for your help :help::help:

4. twinman326

1585 are for 1988 up (most likely for the 1500). The picture you see on post #2 is what I have on my truck, 94 chev 2500. Maybe the truck frames are different !!

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Pic shown is the first version of the mount for the classic body style GM's, was only used a few years and was followed by the other mount #62330. Both mounts fit 1500 - 3500.

6. twinman326

I must say, it is a good mount..Never had a problem.built to last.just like a chevy..........

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

That mount actually was taken out of use when GM added air bags to that style body. Western doesnt recommend using that mount with air bags.

I have seen that mount on several trucks with air bags without any problems of setting the bags off though.