1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

truck for Vbox

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by MnM, Nov 29, 2006.

1. MnM

MnM Senior Member

currently my vbox goes into the back of my 1990 ram. It is lifted 9 inches and I primairily use it for a dirt bike truck. I also just inherited a 1994 f-250 2wd super cab longbed with 122,000 miles. I was going to sell this truck but figured maybe using it for the v-box this winter than selling it. I was wondering what you all thought of my situation and what would you do. I feel like the ford is in better mechanical shape. The ram has a tired 360. Will the ford handle it. v-box is about 1000 pounds empty

2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I've seen 8' Vboxes on 3/4 ton or 3500s and they all looked WAY overloaded to me. You say your Vbox is about 1000# empty? Mine is a Fisher ProCaster, two-yard steel and weighs 750#. With two yards of sand/salt mix which weighs about 2600#, the total weight on a DRW one ton was about 3300# and I could definately tell it was back there. Will the Ford handle it? I'd say "No".