1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck for this fall... go for this or not?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by WilliamOak, Sep 15, 2008.

?

To buy it or not to buy it?

1. Buy this

1 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Wait for something else, there is going to be something better

6 vote(s)
    85.7%
  1. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

Like the title says I am in need of a truck for this fall. I don't care what manufacture, just as long as it is a 3/4 or 1 ton. But the reason I started this thread was to ask what you guys thought about this truck- I would only be using it for this fall (leaves and clean-ups) and then get rid of it in the spring or even during winter. Maybe keep it through the spring mulch rush to make scheduling easier (no waiting for deliveries). It is from a local landscaper (some of you around cary might know Tomasello's?) and looks to me like it has at least 3 months of life left in it if not more. How many of you beg to differ?

BTW he is asking $7800 but I would love to see this at $5000.. but who knows.
    Also yes, I do realize it is an SRW but for fall debris I think it would be fine.

And yes I realize that I am asking this on plowsite, and I am doing that because I might end up plowing some with it (probably just my driveway).

2. WilliamOak

WilliamOak PlowSite.com Addict

sorry forgot the pics.... doh!
    And I know what I thinka bout this truck... but I want to hear whay you guys think about her.

Tomasello dump 1.jpg

Tomasello dump 2.jpg

Tomasello dump 3.jpg

Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
  3. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

personally i like it and as long as it makes you money id buy it. It doesn't look that bad to me. It's work truck not a show truck!! I use it.

4. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

can you edit poll say I would offer him low price or find another one.

i didn't vote it

I say but it have rust on cab I can see brown near fender. I say it not worth $7,800 now I would offer him $4,500

I got my 1993 F350 xl for $400 with junk 351W it have rust but not near fender it cab. But it been sit on gravel for 6 years due 351W threw rod.

5. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

wwwayyyyyyyyy overpriced.....

go look at the used superdutys you can snap up for 5-9 all over...