1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck for Sale: 1995 Chevrolet 2500 with Dump Insert

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by GLS, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Year: 1995
    Make: Chevrolet
    Model: 2500 (8,600 GVWR)
    Trim: Cheyenne
    Configuration: Regular cab Long box (8')
    Engine: 5.7L (350ci) V8
    Drivetrain: Automatic (4L80e) with 4x4 (floor shifter)
    Mileage: ~127,000
    Color: Metallic Blue
    Other Specifications:
    A/C, Power steering, Cruise, Tilt wheel, Pioneer single disk CD player
    Alluminum alloy wheels ('01 up PYO takeoffs) with LT265/75/R16E Cooper Discoverer ATR
    Stainless Steel Nerf Bars
    14k 2" Reciever Hitch (Putnam)
    Dual batteries (Optima yellow top), High output alternator (200a).
    Airlift air bags on rear (rated for 5,000lbs)
    Timbren load boosters on front.

Condition: Exterior: Overall good condition. Slight body rust on doors. Many scratches and dents. Paint near drivers side hood is starting to deteriorate. Paint shines up very nicely; we cleaned and waxed regularly. Interior: Hole in drivers seat upholstery, handle for drivers door is missing. Drivetrain: Engine leaks motor oil (and has for years). Truck is currently in shop for transmission work, and should be in good working condition at the end of this week.

Also comes with EZ Dumper dump insert
    Has some corrosion and holes, but could be patched up easily.
    Operates fine.
    Comes with wooden sideboards.
    Also have truck tailgate if ezdumper removal is desired.

This will make someone a great work truck!

Currently equipped with a blizzard snowplow mount and wiring. We intend to remove these items unless someone has/or can purchase a blizzard snowplow that would hook right up.

Vehicle is listed in multiple locations, so if you have the first reply here, it may not be the first offer we recieve.

As mentioned above, vehicle is in shop for transmission work. I will post current pictures when the truck is fixed.

Asking price WITH ezdumper is $4,300
    Add the Blizzard snowplow mount and wiring for $250.

Truck is located in Moline, Illinois 61265. Local pickup is preferred, but I might be willing to meet halfway if destination is not too far away.

These picture are about one year old, does not include snowplow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Forgot to mention, truck also has Power Vision trailer tow mirrors.

3. Jon Schuler

Jon Schuler Member

Are you willing to take that ez dumper out and sell it separate?

4. YPLLLC

YPLLLC Senior Member

hey I am wondering if you know what the dump bed rating is on it, a far as how much you can carry. Also what is your reason for selling it. Thanks

5. GLS

GLS Senior Member

We are going to try to sell it as a package. But I will post if someone only wants the truck.

Legally, the dump will hold what the truck is rated at (8600 minus about 6200 gives the truck a capacity of 2400). I think the dump will lift up to about 5,000 lbs. We usually try to get about 3,000 lbs of material per load. The air bags keep it from sagging.

6. W.L.S.27

W.L.S.27 Member

Hey Ryan,
    I'm possibly interested in purchasing, let me do some checking on my end and I will get back to you.
    Thanks
    Chris

7. BossPlowGuy04

BossPlowGuy04 Senior Member
    from novi Mi

how bad is the oil leak?? also what is wrong with the trans that your haveing work done to it?? also were are you located? trying to figure out how long of a drive it would be from detroit.
    thanks
    alex

8. GLS

GLS Senior Member

The oil leak is not very bad. It leaves small oil spots when parked, it may consume a little also. We typically add about 1qt every 3,000 miles I would guess. We have lived with the leak for quite some time, it hasn't really been a problem. Just didn't think it'd be worth fixing.

The trans is in limp mode, it is stuck in 3rd gear I believe. The transmission shop is rebuilding it, we were quoted $1,600 to 2,400 for the repair. It will have a 1yr/36k warranty, but I doubt it's transferrable. It will be in working condition when sold. This is the first ever transmission work we have had done on it.

We are located in Moline, IL. It is about 2.5 hours west of Chicago on I-80 at the Mississippi River. Just get some driving directions from your location to zip code 61265 for an estimated trip time.

Thanks for the interest everyone.

9. blm86

blm86 Member

how bad is the rust on the doors, what about the cab corners and above the rear fenders

10. BossPlowGuy04

from novi Mi

yea can i get a pic of the rust spot i'm really interested in your truck

11. BossPlowGuy04

from novi Mi

hey also how are the tires and breaks??

12. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Ryans brother here: The rust is just along the bottom edge of the doors (where the sheet metal folds over). These trucks always rust in that area. It actually isn't all that noticable. It has been present for years and has just been slowly getting worse. For a 95 it has very little rust. As far as I know the cab corners and fenders are basically rust free but the fenders have factory flares so I don't know what it looks like underneath.

The tires are in pretty good shape. They are 2 or 3 years old but have a lot of tread left. Off the top of my head I would say at least 50% and they are cooper atr which in my experience last a very long time.

The brakes were worked on over the summer. If I recall correctly the front rotors were turned and the rear drums were actually replaced. I can't remember for sure but I think the front pads were still good and the replaced the rear shoes. The only real brake ploblem is that the parking brake sticks sometimes so we just try not to use it.

We will get more specific pictures of the body when we get the truck back from the tranny shop. I may get a chance to stop by there tomm. but probably not as they are calling for snow. The truck does have its blemishes but it is still a great looking truck.

13. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Current Pictures

Got the truck back from the shop today.

Here are some current pictures.

The roads are nasty here, and it's way too cold to wash, so the truck is a little dirty.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Salter not included.

[​IMG]

You can see where the paint is starting to peel away here on the front quarter panel.

[​IMG]

The rust on the doors is mostly just behind the weather stripping here.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. GLS

GLS Senior Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Salt spreader controller not included.

[​IMG]

16. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Seat has a big gouge in it, but it is not uncomfortable to sit on. Door handle is also missing on the drivers door.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dual optima yellow top batteries, AlterStart 200A HO alternator.

[​IMG]

There appears to be a small coolant leak up here.

[​IMG]

17. GLS

GLS Senior Member

And a reciept from the transmission shop. They replaced the oil filter adaptor, which hopefully stops the oil dripping.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. michaelo2790

michaelo2790 Member
    from chicago

Hi Ryan can you give me a call at 815-693-0081 Thanks mike

19. GLS

GLS Senior Member

Mike, I've got someone interested right now but I'll let you know if it falls through.

20. michaelo2790

michaelo2790 Member
    from chicago

Thanks Ryan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.