1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Truck expo

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowking35, Oct 20, 2003.

1. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

Anyone going to the truck and accesoiry trade show at the CT expo center this week? Wed 12-6 and Thursday 12-7
    Dino

2. 76chevyman

76chevyman Member

I may go im not sure yet. I dont want to spend anymore money till snow falls LOL. But its always cool to look at new toys. I think i will go i can leave work at like 10:30 and head up there its a little over a hour drive SO why not. I will go. I cant take my truck i have to take my little toyota car wicth i hate my girl has my new blazer so i cant take that. But it will get me there LOL.

3. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Ive got my tickets sitting next to me but im not sure if I will be able to since I have a Solid Mechanics test Thursday night and need to study for it.

Jay

4. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Do you have to get tickets ahead of time or can you just show up and pay?and what are the dates if anyone knows? thanks ....... nevermind on the dates :p i should read the whole post next time

Last edited: Oct 20, 2003
  5. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hey Mr L

its this Wednesday and Thursday at the Expo center and is free just register when you get there.

Jay

6. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

I have VIP tickets because I went last year, I will be going just not sure whether it will be wednesday or thursday.

I just gotta remember to bring the digital cam. there were some vehicles and things there last year that I wish I had photos of.

:waving: Hey Dino are you going?

7. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

TRUCK EXPO - Major Disappointment

Guys, don't waste your time or fuel

Drove an hour and a half to Hartford this morning, to attend the Northeast Truck Expo. Boy was I disappointed.

There weren't half as many vendors there this year as there were last year. There were even less trucks than last year:(

Thank goodness it was free admission and free parking or I would have been major:realmad:

Heard its a different promoter this year, but that doesn't sound right, it was Conex last year and supposedly Conex this year.

They should have left it on a weekend like last year.

Boy am I :realmad: :angry:

Sad part is that these are the same people who are running the N.E Trade Show for Snow and Ice November 18th and 19th up in Marlborough Mass. I was gonna go, but I second guessing myself right now. Heck I can't even get their website to open so I can email them a complaint.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2003
  8. 76chevyman

76chevyman Member

Yeah i will agree with curtis i drove over a hour to go and the only cool thing there was the V-16 diesel and a hummer with a plow on it and i talked to the amsoil guy and he wants me to be a distibuter LOL I have to think about that. But i dont think it was worth it. I spent most of my time at the bar they had there LOL

9. plowking35

from SE CT

Same here, 45 min tops and we were done. That v 16 was awesome.
    Dino

10. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

Hummer with plow

Was it an H1 or H2 ?

11. plowking35

from SE CT

The hummer was and H1 with 8' painted x blade, they had pics of an H2 with plow as well. All were from Hartford truck equip.
    Dino

12. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Yeah it was a super disappointment as compared to last year.

13. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

H2 for plowing

It would be comfortable and VERY stylish especially with 24 inch chrome spinners . Visibility would be limited. I took an H2 on a 24 hour test drive. It was pretty cool

14. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

They had a couple of Hummers there last year too.

Jay

15. plowking35

from SE CT

Maybe it wasnt the best show ever, but considering the weather, not a terrible afternoon
    Dino